Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Remember the Worth of...Holes?

Yesterday, I noticed something was wrong with my mouth. When I felt both sides of my face with my hands, there was a very tangible difference between the two. My left side felt like a new bone had grown on the side of my lower gum. Had I been punched? Not thinking much of it, I continued to rub my cheek and poke the new growth with my tongue (as anyone would with something foreign in his/her mouth) throughout the day.

I woke up as a chipmunk. Awesome. No, there are not pictures.

The first words I said this morning were, "Hi, I'd like to make an appointment", but it sounded more like, "I'b blige poo mage aboim-bemb." She automatically turned on her special ed teacher voice. I felt like a rockstar, let me tell you.

3:45 rolls around (thank goodness it wasn't tooth hurty) and I realize I haven't eaten all day. I hurry and stuff a bacon & avocado sandwich down my throat--literally. I can't chew at this point, but the sandwich was too fantastic to pass up. I grab my toothbrush, so the doctor won't have to deal with bacon breath (mmmmm).

Finally a red stop light! Time to brush and spit. Brushing went fine. I roll down the window and spit. Surprise! It's all over my arm and my shirt and my driver's seat. Maybe I am special...At least I eventually stopped laughing, so I could shift into first gear.

My dentist says I have an infection. "If it's okay with you, I think we will numb it, puncture it and squeeze out the puss." He made a face that said, "Please say no. This is not my favorite." I agreed and he got to work. I heard him ask his assistant for a spoon. No joke! With the earphones up very loud, I watched Transformers and ignored the various torture devices that went into my mouth. Yes, it was gross. Yes, I could feel and taste the stuff that came out. --awkward silence--

Welp! I am back at stage one- Don't spit, don't use a straw, here's a syringe and your antibiotics prescription, rinse with salt water...blah, blah. At least we caught this before the MTC!

This is a picture of the gaping hole in my mouth. Delicious! By the way, it's been a month since I had my wizzum teef out. Cray-see!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Roo you are my favorite comic personality. I would say comedian but that implies you have to be inapropriate sometimes to be funny, and you arent. Anyways, Gross!!! Sorry to hear it. How does infection sneak up like that?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry the tacos will make it all better. ^_^

Derek and Andrea said...

Ef. That's gross.

Lindsey said...

aweoinlfkvjhdfiounaergkjxhvcb;osienrlaekjnr;tlkfujoinlakje;ojir;okj. That's all I have to say.

Katie B. said...

Although I totally feel for you, I loved reading that! Just don't try to eat any NERDS... ;)