Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Kaylee showed me a website where you can buy glasses for $8.00. I was reluctant at first, but loved my first pair so much, I bought a second pair. They make me feel stylish and artsy.


Skirt from Burlington Coat Factory. Shoes from Sister Missionary Mall (I'm so unoriginal, I know). Both stores gave me hope that I don't have to be too frumpy in order to follow the clothing guidelines.


Coolest invention since sticky notes- Pen Again. A frequent journal writer, I have found a new love. This pen takes away any pain, weakness or numbness. It's strange to get used to, but worth it! You can get them at Staples or Wal-Mart for a couple bucks.


Jacket from D.I. (I sure love thrift stores).
Pearls from my Grandma Adamson.


The Templo. Last Saturday, I went to the Timpanogos Temple to receive my endowment. It was everything I have been told. It was beautiful and wonderful and just...perfect. I loved it!


It's been fun, but expensive getting ready for a mission. I have just over two months until the MTC. There's so much to do by then! My tooth with the hole (remember?) decided to split open again today while I was taking my daily multi-vitamin. I figure there is nothing the dentist can do, so I will just be sure to stay away from nuts. More rinsing with salt water- yeehaw. You have no idea how much I miss almonds and pistacchios! Watch out, they may give you Salmonella. On that note, thanks for reading! ♥

6 comments:

Derek and Andrea said...

Why are you writing on your scriptures? Cute pics though. So professionally advertising!

Rob said...

you should go to the dentist! a split tooth is nothing to ignore, it's going to haunt you, and you don't want to have to deal with it while on a mish!

smalltoes said...

You are so cute. I am so excited for you.

Cydney Jensen said...

I found your blog from Sissa's blog. I have not had the baby yet. She is due a week from today and if she hasn't come by the 27th they will induce me. So she will be here in 9 days if not sooner. You are going to love it here. I bet you will spend some time at the visitors centers and let me tell you, they are awesome! I love Adam Ondi Ahman. It is so beautiful. Hopefully you can go there while you are here. Have you ever been here before?

Candace said...

Another store for prospective sisters to avoid frumpiness- Sorella Bella, the new online store for LDS sister missionaries. Check it out at:
http://www.sistermissionaryclothes.com/presta/prestashop

Love Glasses said...

I like buying glasses online, not only for the cheaper price, but only for the hundreds of options and styles. I recently discovered a website that offers fashionable prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses at fantastic prices - GlassesShop.com.