Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Possible Mission Call Eve

... is much worse than Christmas Eve when I was five years old, by the way. A few days ago, my usual text message sound went off (currently "Hey Jude"). My dear, sweet mother, who is up to date on the latest and greatest (I made sure she had Gmail and she chose to join Facebook), says, "Oh! It's Roo's mission call! They come in a text nowadays." That's why we keep her around.

The bishop checked online, where he learned the letter was sent on March 6th. It could come anytime, but tomorrow is the best bet. I called the post office to see my options for getting my call earlier than if I just wait for the mailman. Capt. Ornery Pants said to call back tomorrow at 8AM.

Listen to what I was taught by Elder Neal A. Maxwell today about worrying--

"Overanxiety...is like pulling up the daisies to see how the roots are doing, checking up on the sentries so incessantly that they become trigger-happy, and wringing one's hands instead of folding them in prayer." (Wherefore, Ye Must Press Forward, p. 63).

My lonely mailbox (notice there are no daisies).

2 comments:

Derek and Andrea said...

Roo oh Roo, you are reading your mission call right now. Is it Thailand? Is it Zimbabwe? Is it Timbuktu? Or is it Tasty Town? We won't know until noon, because you are trying to set the trend of intercepting mail and being "with your God" as I've heard it put. Good luck! And if you do get sent to Tasty Town I won't be mad or jealous 'cuz you would probably not convert anybody and you'd come home terribly unhealthy and have lots of cavities. Love you!

Unknown said...

Tasty town will not be serving fish at least! Its killing us to know that you know what we dont know. I can be patient a few more hours.Love Ya!