Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Inconceivable and Inaudibly Incandescent...IN!

Last night, I had my interview with Pres. Shaw. I think I learned more in that one hour than I have in the past year. He says I will go into the MTC in April and maybe I could be a temple worker to help pass the time, since I am not looking for a job. How AWESOME would that be? "Don't be surprised if you get called to a really hard mission." What is that supposed to mean?

He said he would turn in my papers this morning, so it's official. "My papers are in." It feels so good to be able to say that. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by people who are supporting me in this. Thanks!


OK, so I Photoshopped this nametag...but soon enough I will get mine!

Click to Enlarge

High school journal entry from 2002. Our soccer team was required to wear Sunday clothes to school when we had home games. Guess it's a good thing I got over that. My favorite line is, "I have never in my life wanted to swear and the temptation to just gets stronger and stronger every time someone says...dress"

8 comments:

Guereca Family said...

Congrats, my friend. I agree with what Pres. Shaw said about a hard mission. I think you will be called to a "hard" mission too, but you can do it because you are super amazing! I love you! And I almost cried reading your journal entry, (not because I was laughing :)), but because of how much you have grown since then. You are amazing, Rooey, and I know with all of my heart that you will be the most amazing Missionary ever. I love you!

Derek and Andrea said...

Sweet! That's hilarious! I would NEVER dare put my journal online. But then again, my life is a little more embarrassing than yours :)

Unknown said...

April! WOW! that is so exciting. I'm happy for you too now that you can tell people your parers are IN. Hey, could hard mean Idaho-hard?! You can do hard things everytime whenever you want.

Unknown said...

Was your dress pink by chance?Hee Hee.

Bairds said...

Yay for You!!! I can't wait, you'll be wonderful wherever you go! So I complimented you on your dress...was that a bad or good thing? I can't decide.

Dianey Face said...

Oh the irony.

Rob said...

wow, you didn't dislike dresses or anything did you?

They actually made you play soccer while wearing dresses? What's the point of that?

Ari Hill said...

We are so excited for you to find out where you are going and we can't wait to hear! I will blog stalk you to make sure we dont miss it :)! Congrats again we are proud of you!