Sunday, October 26, 2008

Change

I am dedicating this post to Todd. He's been on my butt lately to get me to finally go to the physical therapist for my neck. I've gone twice now! It hurts, but Dr. Peterson says I am doing better. "We'll get this neck of yours fixed in no time!" He's been working on my neck, back and S.I. joint. The massages and stretches are great, but I don't so much enjoy the electric shock idea. I giggled the entire time during my first experience. The girl thought I was nuts.

I'm reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" right now. Holy cow! I have learned so much. I am already trying to apply some of the suggestions to help me be more understanding of the guys in my life. How men deal with stress and communicate affection is so different from how I do. Yes, the book warns the reader that the ideas are very generalized and pretty much lump all men/women into one category...but I have found myself relating to much of it. It's been sooooo good so far. I randomly found it in my parent's basement while tying to find my iPod (which is lost for the bajollionth time).

Change can be so vital, so healthy. Progression is such a beautiful, eternal principle. I'm so grateful for a Savior who can help me change for the better. Without Him, I abosultely am nothing. The best part is that with Him, I can do anything! Repentence is so powerful. I've learned that again, recently.

Here are some cool quotes about change:

  • American Proverb:

"It doesn't work to leap a twenty-foot chasm in two ten-foot jumps."

  • Alan Cohen (author "Chicken Soup for the Soul"):

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."

  • Charles Kettering (inventor):

"If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong."

  • James Yorke (mathematician):
"The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."

This photo was taken with my new phone, right outside my physical therapist's office. Gorgeous! This is the cropped version, where the mountains are cut out-sorry! The colors are phenomenal in the Fall. I love it!

1 comment:

Dianey Face said...

Those are good quotes! I've always said I'm afraid of change, but in reality I've noticed that over all everything keeps getting better! Great post. Keep it up!