Thursday, October 2, 2008

It Wasn't Really So But It Seemed To Be

Some people are just plain stupid.

If the subject line of an email from your "friend" is PLEEEEEASE REEAD! IT WAS ONGOODMORNINGAMERICATODAYSHOW ,DOIT!!!! ... delete it right now. At work, I answer the info/support emails. Yesterday, we received two of these "Bill Gates is sharing his fortune" Emails. Please, my dear readers, do not fall for this scam. It is not logical that he would do so, be able to "track" how many morons you forward the email to or be able to send you a personal check in the mail for thousands of dollars. Do not believe that your distant relative in Africa left millions for you and his agents just need your bank account number. You did not win the Netherlands Lottery. Nor do you need to give your social out to someone for failing to show up for jury duty.

I replied to the emails (maybe it was inappropriate and unprofessional) by simply proving a link to an article about the scam. By the way, snopes.com= awesome.

Totally unrelated, there was one thing that happened yesterday that I do regret. No one is perfect. :) I was a few minutes late driving to work, which was fine until I run into a big traffic jam. I'm trying to be patient...I finally peek my head out the window to see the cause of the delay.



(This video was uploaded about a month after this was posted)

There is a white duck crossing the street (which is normal for these parts). Then I notice why he is taking so long. He must have had a broken leg, as he could not bend it and had to lift it awkwardly up and around to take a step. I had this image of me getting out of my car to carry him across the street. I opened the door, but then decided against it. 2 minutes later, he was still struggling! The semi in the front honked at him (as if that was going to urge him to hurry? Jerk). When I got to work, I was like, "I should have carreid that poor duck to safety."
I made up for it by playing football with some coworkers.


This photo, taken in 2006 is 100% totally legit. I got ran over and died. If you forward this to 15 friends, something will pop up on your screen and tell you how stupid you are.


No comments: