Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Away, Just Out

Today I went running. It's been a while. The cool Autumn air was exactly what I needed. If you have never run through a field with your eyes closed and your arms out, I would highly suggest it. Then, go watch the movie, "Powder".

I've been so overwhelmed lately. It was like my whole life decided to need my immediate attention, like a jumping Mac Application. I felt annoyed with everyone I talked to. Avoiding my problems did not make them disappear. With too many goals, I was stressing myself out in every aspect of life.

Moms can be the best medicine. I stayed up late with her and just vented and vented. She reminded me that this stage of life will pass. My scholastic goals can be reached, my dating life won't always be so confusing, and my health issues will eventually be okay. The things I am feeling are normal. I don't have to fix everything and change the world...at least not today, all at once. There were tears and hugs and cliche phrases. It was perfect.

Thanks, mom. You are the best friend anyone could ask for.



2 comments:

Bairds said...

Roux, if I've ever known anyone that can do anything it's you!

Derek and Andrea said...

So, what's with the track on that clip? it's different! Anyway, I'm so glad we watched that movie that night. I think Powder is my best friend! :)