Thursday, October 16, 2008

Claritin-D Side Effects

I always tell people I am allergic to three things: Fish, Country Music and the color Pink. Symptoms may include difficulty swallowing, clammy hands, nausea and most frequently random violent outbursts (I once threatened to jump out of a car going 40 when the driver refused to turn off Garth Brooks).

I took my Claritin-D last weekend before a blind date, not wanting these socially awkward symptoms to appear. It was "Homecoming" (the day after BYU's), which meant I got to wear a big, schmancy prom dress! I borrowed one that I had fallen in love for its unique elegance and just...awesomeness. My decision to wear it seriously was a HUGE DEAL because I knew it would appear pink in pictures and to other people. I described it to my date, Parry, as "wine/reddish brownish goldish...burgundish". His tie somehow matched perfectly.

When some country came on at the "dance" (which was super awesome, by the way: a bunch of couples, chocolate fondue, lights...all at a place someone was house-sitting), I didn't start kicking people in the head or screaming while covering my ears. I tried to drown out the music, instead, by talking to Parry. The song repeated again later and I kindly skipped it on the playlist. I think I will take my allergy medication more often. Side effects may include, but are not limited to the following:



Love this picture of Jess and Kevy Wevy!



April did my hair. We were still curling at 8:20
(5 mins after we planned to leave)!

Homemade! Super cool, low waist and
Medieval
style creme accent...luv it


Jessyka and Kevin

Me and Parry- I don't think he ever stops laughing

3 comments:

Krystal said...

You're so pretty! Love the dress!

Bairds said...

Yes the dress is pink:). I didn't know you had a blog?! Now I can see what you're up too..hahaha. You look gorgeous like a supermodel by the way!

Ari Hill said...

You look so beautiful in this picture! I love it!