Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bang-a-Rang!


Today was destined to be awesome as soon as I put on my lime green Skittles® earrings. Harrison and I have been planning this wicked prank for months. Today was the day- the last shift we would have before we both quit.

There is a light switch by my desk, which is always down. There is a label which reads "Don't Turn Off".


I have always been intrigued by this switch. What could possibly be this important? Old tape marks show that it used to be forced on just in case some moron couldn't read the sign. Nic and I dared each other to turn it off. "No! Some alarm will go off!"

Months ago, I happened to glance over and notice it was off= freaking out! Clearly, someone must be dying. I am sure the switch was keeping their life support on. Harrison walks by and casually flips it back on. My heart slowly started beating again. He explained that it controls some electrical outlets on the top floor- no big deal. Ideas started forming. We plotted who our victim would be. Nic. It's perfect. We started gathering supplies.

Today was our last chance. I tell Nic that I have some mail for him. Carefully placed to my left, I reach for the package and look up to "suddenly" notice the switch is turned off. Word had gotten around that today was the day, so several people joined in on the fun. "Nic, I dare you to turn it back on." His face was classic. He fell for it! He was in total shock. "Shutup, someone turned it off. What do we do?"

He flips it on, turning on a tape player upstairs with a ridiculously loud siren sound recorded over and over. It was deafening. It was vile. It was the most beautiful, perfect scene. With his hands on his ears, Nic starts shouting, "What Is that? It sounds like a spoon in a blender!"

We got congratulations from all our coworkers (minus those who were on the phone at the time). Even our CEO and president thought it was funny. Go Team Awesome. I am going to miss this place.

1 comment:

Bairds said...

And this is why I miss living by you.