Saturday, September 27, 2008

You Can Steer

Monday, Sept 8, 2008

Today I was feeling a little overwhelmed so I went for a drive. My car took me up Provo Canyon and eventually to my brother's cabin in Sundance. A song by Missy Higgins (Australian artist) came on. I've never felt so much freedom! Click here to listen or read below for the lyrics:

"Feel it falling off like clothing
Taste it rolling on your tongue
See the lights above you glowing
Oh and breathe them deep into your lungs

It was always simple, not hidden hard
You've been pulling on the strings
Playing puppeteer for kings
And you've had enough

But the search ends here
Where the night is totally clear

And your heart is fierce
So now you finally know
That you control where you go
You can steer


So hold this feeling like a newborn
All the freedom surging through your veins
You have opened up a new door
So bring on the wind, fire and rain

It was always simple, not hidden hard
You've been played at a game
Called remembering your name
And you stuffed it up

...And get out of the box
And step into the clear

Cause now you finally know
That you can steer"



I decided at that point that I can steer. I am the boss of me. From now on, I will live my life with NO REGRETS! When something enters my mind (and is reasonable, wholesome, etc), I will DO IT. I hung out with my brother and his girlfriend the rest of the night and had an awesome time, enjoying my new attitude.

2 comments:

April said...

You inspire me to be better...the end.

Ryan said...

I like it. I'm using it as my new motto.