Sunday, January 4, 2009

Icely done

My brother, Scott, took me ice climbing as my Christmas present this year (I suggested it). He has taken me before, but it has been a long time. We drove a few hours down to Joe's Valley in South Eastern Utah. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I was totally "one of the guys"!

This is the first part or (pitch) of our first route,
which was called "CCC Falls".


Here is Scott heading back down the
second route, "Donorcicle".

Scott's Friend Matt (left) and Scott (right)

Here are the tools you use to ice climb-
axes and crampons

Crampons are the spiky metal parts fitted to your boots. You kick your feet into the ice (even a few centimeters will do), shift your weight to your heels and the crampons will hold you up.

Me and Scott's friend Aaron (top left)



It was such a beautiful day. Great weather,
funny company and cool times with Scott.
Plus, I didn't even die! I am so glad I went!

View the entire album here

No comments: